What types of debt are NOT discharged through Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Read More

What is a TRIM notice?

Read More

As a landlord, what action can I take if a renter refuses to make a repair?

Read More

Under what circumstances can I terminate a pre-construction contract and receive my deposit back?

Read More

Can you provide a brief, step by step explanation of the foreclosure process from start to finish?

Read More

What factors do appraisers consider when estimating the value of a property?

Read More

I’m about to buy a home. Do I need a lawyer to represent me?

If you're about to buy a home you absolutely need a lawyer to represent you.  First and foremost, in Miami Dade County or Broward County, the buyer determines who the title company is and many times the title companies are owned by attorneys like our offices and we will also represent the buyer in the process. We can walk them through the transaction and represent them throughout at a much more reasonable rate. Read More

I’m having my home built but it’s full of construction defects. What can I do?

During the building of your property or your house you're seeing that there are certain construction defects, you first have to determine if those really are construction defects. You may not be in a position to make that determination but generally what I've seen done or what I've had clients do is to hire an independent engineer to review the work that's being done and if it truly is a construction defect you need Read More

As a construction company, what steps can I take to protect my business from legal disputes?

As a construction company you want to protect yourself from legal disputes and one of the first ways to do that is to enter into a contract with the homeowner or the person you're building the property for. Enter into a contract with the subcontractor so that you can detail the rights and responsibilities of each one during the course of the construction. You want to set whose obligation it is to do what. You don’t Read More

I signed a pre-construction contract with a developer but I want to get out. Can I do so?

It may be possible to get out of a preconstruction contract and obtain your money back, but you have to remember that pre-construction contracts are generally drafted and crafted by the lawyers for the developer. They've taken their time to make sure that the contract is very solid and tight and in their favor. So, the most important thing to do is just to visit an attorney, have him review the contract thoroughly Read More

Skip to content