Tips to Avoid Mortgage Modification Scams
1. Beware of anyone who is not an attorney and offers assistance in modifying your loan
2. Beware of anyone who asks you to pay a fee in return for advice, services or the modification of a delinquent loan.
3. Beware of anyone who carries themself out as a non-profit organization or government entity.
4. Beware of people who pressure you to sign papers immediately or who try to convince you that they can “save” your home if you sign or transfer over the deed to your house.
5. Do not sign over the deed to your property to any organization or individual unless you are working directly with your mortgage company to forgive your debt.
6. Beware of anyone who charges large upfront fees they will run with your money.
7. Never make a mortgage payment to anyone other than your mortgage company without their approval.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitiate to call our office at 305-227-4030 for more information.
Board Certified in Real Estate Law
by the Florida Bar